Enigma is a full-featured “suite” for Rainmeter, a desktop customization platform for Windows PCs. It has been downloaded over 1 million times alone, and over 2 million times bundled with the Rainmeter app, which chose Enigma as its default theme in 2009. It has been featured by Lifehacker, Windows Magazine and Computer Bild.
The full package, including source code, is freely available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License. It has been forked by over 30 developers on GitHub, and has been referenced, reused and remixed by numerous Rainmeter creators. The author is proud that it has served as an inspiration and a teaching device throughout the history of the Rainmeter community, particularly by students and young developers.
Enigma’s features include:
- A neutral, minimalist design that goes well with a wide range of themes, wallpapers and color schemes.
- Over 100 customization options in a user-friendly panel, no programming skills required.
- Up to 7 variants for each skin, including “Sidebar” and “Taskbar” styles that stack neatly and snap together.
- Support for “stylesheets” – third-party modification packages that completely change the look and feel of the entire suite. New stylesheets can be installed and turned on or off in seconds.
- Three pre-made themes that fit your computer screen right out of the box.